the compostable mailer is a home compostable, carbon negative alternative to traditional poly mailers. dispose of used bags in a compost bin with food scraps and garden waste and they’ll break down into rich garden compost in about 6 months!
- the compostable mailer is strong, waterproof, tamper proof, flexible, stickable and stampable. just like a normal poly mailer.
- each bag comes with two easy and secure peel and seal adhesive strips (one for you to post the bag and one for zero waste returns). the peel and seal adhesive strips do not instantly seal strongly. the adhesive gets stronger over time – please let your parcels rest at room temperature after sealing (we recommend at least 2 hours) before posting. for more information, please read the FAQs. the adhesive strip backings are not compostable so please dispose of these with regular plastics.
- each bag is carbon negative and by using them, you’ll be contributing to mangrove estuary regeneration in Madagascar and helping to draw CO2 out of the atmosphere.
- the compostable mailer will biodegrade in a home compost bin or under industrial composting conditions.
- the material is opaque for maximum privacy.
- the compostable mailer is a bit thinner than our range of (e-co)mmerce mailers so less resources are consumed manufacturing it but it’s still very durable and strong. depending on the size, each bag can hold between 3kg – 7kg (approx. 6.6lbs – 15.4lbs).
- looking for a smaller mailer? check out our range of (e-co)mmerce mailers.
- please note that due to the box dimensions, some medium sized compostable mailers have shifted around in their boxes during transport resulting in some mailers being creased or folded. we’re addressing this so that it doesn’t happen again.
- stickers and stamps pictured are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. not all stamp inks work with this compostable material. you may need to wait for inks to set on the mailers to avoid smudging. we recommend ordering a sample pack first if you are intending to stamp the mailers to test out different inks. for more information, please read the FAQs.