the compostable mailer is a home compostable, carbon negative alternative to traditional poly mailers. dispose of used bags in a compost bin with food scraps and garden waste and they’ll break down into rich garden compost in about 6 months!
this sample pack contains 1x medium, 1x large and 1x extra-large compostable mailer.
- the compostable mailer is strong, waterproof, tamper proof, flexible, stickable and stampable. just like a normal poly mailer.
- each bag comes with two easy and secure peel and seal adhesive strips (one for you to post the bag and one for zero waste returns). the adhesive gets stronger over time – please let your parcels rest after sealing (we recommend at least 1 hour) before posting. for more information, please read the FAQs. the adhesive strip backings are not compostable so please dispose of these with regular plastics.
- each bag is carbon negative and by using them, you’ll be contributing to mangrove estuary regeneration in Madagascar and helping to draw CO2 out of the atmosphere.
- the compostable mailer will biodegrade in a home compost bin or under industrial composting conditions.
- the material is opaque for maximum privacy.
- the compostable mailer is a bit thinner than our range of (e-co)mmerce mailers so less resources are consumed manufacturing it but it’s still very durable and strong. depending on the size, each bag can hold between 3kg – 7kg (approx. 6.6lbs – 15.4lbs).
- looking for a smaller mailer? check out the small (e-co)mmerce mailer.
- stickers and stamps pictured are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. not all stamp inks work with this compostable material. you may need to wait for inks to set on the mailers to avoid smudging. we recommend ordering this sample pack first if you are intending to stamp the mailers to test out different inks.
- as part of our mission to minimise our environmental footprint, we send out sample packs inside defective mailers rather than throwing them away. don’t be alarmed at the wonky printing when your sample pack arrives in the post!